Women Integrity for Society Empowerment Organization (WISE) is an active national organization operating in the Herat western region of Afghanistan with a special focus on women’s rights and women empowerment. Equipped with experienced and educated staff and works in several overarching areas, entrepreneurship, human capital, peace education with a specific emphasis on youth empowerment, promoting human rights, child protection, gender equality, gender-based violence, policy advocacy, fight against corruption, civic education and electoral process to support national efforts to enhance political dialogue.
WISE is one of the most committed organizations in Herat to helping families in poor communities improve their lives and achieve lasting victories over poverty, education, economics. WISE got its formal registration certificate from the Ministry of Economy with license number 2641 on May 16, 2012.
Equality for every female empowered to reach their fullest potential.
To empower women to enhance advocacy skills and fight for gender equality and women’s rights.
- We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals.
- We hope for a society with integrity.
- Committed for equal opportunity
- Accountable and transparent
- Build respect, dignity, fairness
Organization General Goal
Ending discrimination based on gender and equal empowerment to have a sustainable and healthy life.
- To make Afghan women aware and develop their knowledge about their fundamental rights and Promote individual and institutional best practices and integrity in their day-to-day performance through education.
- Advocate for positive changes toward a corruption-free society and to create the best coordination among other associations related to women and their work together and coordinate our activities with one another to launch our programs at provincial and districts level.
- Continue to support family planning services and advocacy for universal access to these services, including in humanitarian responses.
- Promote women’s advancement in the private sector through existing opportunities and the creation of new innovation to improve business productivity and income.
- Treat all women and men fairly at work-respect and support human rights and ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all women and men workers.
- To protect children from violence, exploitation, abuse, and advocate for their rights.
- Promoting women`s political participation through civic education.
- Supporting the media for access to information.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
Policy and Procedures
The WISE organization has its policies and procedures for the implementation of programs and projects. The core management team does the program activities of the WISE organization. WISE has an advisory board committee consists of seven members that give direction to the organization’s operation and evaluate its success and challenges. WISE has the most necessary policies, such as Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Procurement Policy, M&E Policy, Anti-Corruption Policy, security & safety policy, partnership policy, child protection policy, gender policy, training policy inclusion of office policy and procedures, organization succession plan, strategy plan, & psychosocial Manuel. These policies are being updated annually to enable the organization to meet the donor requirement and community needs and organization and implement its project in its expected manner and be timely responsive to donors’ expectations and requirements. The WISE organization has maintained good relationships with its stakeholders especially government departments which gives credit and value to the organization’s operations.
All women and men who were gathered as a committed team confirmed higher education were dreams of us where it had not come true, development country was thought of us where it had not come reality, despite anything is possible in the small global village that called the world. Finally reached up to this result that change never comes accurate unless we really don’t gather together, unless we don’t read our mind, unless we don’t understand ourselves unless we really like or love ourselves and each other, unless we accept ourselves and each other, and think about our future and development Afghanistan.